Hungry air scoops, curious sliding windows and a provocative sheer – is this a ship? Doesn’t this nautical gift, fashioned from mahogany, deserve to be addressed by a better name than the collective term for floating bathtubs? The Lilla Marras is a work of art – completely restored and adapted to its new use. With respect for the boat’s inimitable lines, everything has been done to make the lower deck a comfortable place to stay.
The aft cabin of the ship serves as day-time accommodation. It is here that you can enjoy your breakfast, which is quietly delivered in the pilothouse first thing in the morning. On deck, there are plenty of neat places to sit and enjoy the harbour, the town and the sea. There is a water lily-shaped bed and a wooden two-person bath in the fore-cabin (no, not the other way around).
The Harlingen Lifeboat provides comfortable lodging for everyone who is not physically challenged in terms of walking and bending. If you wish to experience more of the Lifeboat you can order a private captain. He will be eager to show you during a two-hour trip just how agile this classic lifesaver still is. But, that’s up to you: you can also choose to simply ‘cast off’ all your worries by quietly enjoying this unique place.
Sumaya & Anees
“We enjoyed our stay here. Life is so relaxed and stress free.”
Beryl & Paul
“What a wonderful present. A thank you to all who made it possible.”
Steven & Mary
“Something really different!! Thx, nice boat!! ”
Noel & Lucia
“What a spectacular and overwhelming surprise to enjoy and celebrate our wedding night”
The Harlingen Lifeboat is suitable for day-time and night-time occupation by two people. The facilities are situated fore and aft in the boat and comprise the following: 1. Aft cabin with swivel armchairs, table and wall unit for audio-visual equipment 2. Aft cockpit (external) with breakfast facilities 3. Fore-cabin with bed, wooden bath and toilet
The Harlingen Lifeboat has a:
|Wind speed and direction meters|
The Lilla Marras served as lifeboat from 1955 to 1979 at several places on the British coast. During that period she performed 105 rescue operations and saved 45 lives. A few years ago, she was brought over to the Netherlands by a lifeboat enthusiast. It has been an asset to the Harlingen harbour ever since. Although the boat makes heavy demands in terms of maintenance and seamanship, it was well worth the effort.
|Original name:||Lilla Marras Douglas & Will Current|
|Name:||Lilla Marras, Reddingsboot in Harlingen|
|Type:||Watson Class Midship Steering & Aft Cabin|
|Wharf:||Groves & Guttridge Ltd, East Cowes|
|Year of construction:||1955|
|Restorer:||Willem Koornstra / Harlingen|
|Length x width:||46’9″ x 12’9″|
|Engines:||2 x Thornycroft 360 MkII, each 70 hp (SHP)|
Built in 1955 at the Groves & Guttridge yard in East Cowes (Z-England). Funded by among others, a bequest of Mrs.. Marras and a donation from Mrs. Robb.
Engines: Twice Ferry VE4, each 40 BHP. Hermotorisatie in 1972: 2xThornycroft 360 MkII, each 70 HP (SHP) With a total of 102 services, 37 people were rescued with this boat.
1955 Cromarty (Schotland)
1968 Falmouth (ZW-Engeland)
1978 Donaghadee (Nrd-Ierland)
1982 out of service
- The three accommodations are geared to comfortable accommodation for two people. It is expressly forbidden to receive visitors while on the properties, whether these be friends, relations or acquaintances.
- Pets are not permitted for reasons of safety and hygiene.
- Staying at Harlingen Lighthouse, Lifeboat and Harbour Crane is entirely at one’s own risk.
- Any damage by the tenant to the Lighthouse, Lifeboat or Harbour Crane, the interior thereof or objects that are the property thereof must be paid for by the tenant.
- The above also applies to damage caused to third parties.
- In the event of force majeure, a reservation may be cancelled by the lessor, following which restitution will be made.
- Cancellation by guests up to 28 days prior to the date that has been reserved will incur no charges. After this no restitution will be made.
- Smoking is forbidden in all areas of the properties.
|Max. 2 persons and including a breakfast|
1 night with 2-hour boat trip
2 nights with 1-hour boat trip
|1 night with Private Dining in Havenmantsje||€ 387|
Big bottle of champagne upon arrival in cooler
Champagne-breakfast (additional cost)
Red Roses per piece
Boat trip of 2 hours
|Arrival with boat trip||14:30|